Maintaining the battery of your forklift machine is very important to ensure its function. Without a good care, your battery will be damaged easily and quickly, which may lead to adverse effect for your operation. Thus, we will elaborate some recommendations on how to care for your forklift battery.
Here are some useful tips to take care of your battery forklift:
• Avoid over discharge: putting over discharge loads will reduce the lifespan of your forklift’s battery. Do not discharge your battery over 80 percent of its capacity. If you want to buy a new battery, make sure to look for battery that provides a good discharge curve. Do not forget to ask your mechanics to check on the battery whenever your forklift goes for repairs or maintenance.
• Choose ventilated area: the safest and most recommended way to charge the battery of your forklift is to do it in ventilated area, where no occlusions or disruption may occur. Ventilated area will also help to keep the oxidation away. The oxidation may cause rust, which will adversely affect the lifespan of your battery.
• Avoid quick charge: charging your battery to full offer no shortcuts. Using quick charging will only damage your battery and reduce its lifespan. If you are not sure about your charger, you can contact the agen sbobet manufacturer or call your mechanics to discuss whether the charger you are currently using is good or not. If it is not good, then immediately change it to the recommended one.
• Charge your battery after 8 hours use: understanding the recommended charging frequency of your battery will help enhancing its lifespan. Based on expert advice, charging your battery after 8 hours use is the most recommended way to accomplish that objective. Make sure every forklift battery is completely charged before using it for another 8 hours. Inform all of your forklift operator to pay attention to the power level of your forklift.
• Give proper maintenance: making sure your battery gets proper maintenance is very important. It will help you ensure that the battery is not deteriorating or wearing out in an abnormal speed. You need to at least check for battery acid leaks, rust, corrosion, and the terminal condition.
The list above already explain some useful recommendations to maintain the lifespan of your forklift battery. Bad battery performance will definitely affect the function of the forklift, so make sure to always keep an eye for your battery.