Routine forklift servicing and maintenance is crucial to keep your machine running correctly. With well-maintained forklift, the lifespan of your machine will be longer and it will prevent you from unnecessary repair. In this article, we will give you some useful tips for your forklift’s maintenance.
The maintenance tips for your forklift can be read on the list below:
• Fix any issue immediately: oftentimes, you may find unexpected issues occur in your machine, such as brake problem. Dealing with these issues immediately is very important to prevent bigger problem and possible dangerous accidents. It is also much cheaper to deal with an issue when it has not gotten big rather than fixing them when it is already severely spoiled.
• Clean your machine weekly: keeping your machine will not only make it looks good, but also improve its performance. It provides extra safety, which can prevent any combustible materials build up, including lint build up. Cleaning will also prevents blocked radiators, which may cause harmful incidents if it is not addressed immediately. The cleaning process should at least include changing dirty filters, blowing the radiator out, and wiping down the forklift.
• Check the tires regularly: this part of the machine can easily wear out, especially if it is used almost every day. The repetitive motion will make the tires wear out quickly. They can also lose their tread, deflate, or spring leaks. The daily inspection for your tires should include visual examination and pressure check.
• Follow recommended checkup schedule from the manufacturers: majority of manufacturers will suggest comprehensive judi bola service or inspection every once in a period of time or certain usage amount, depending on the brand and model. Make sure to include basic tasks in the inspection, such as drive train and brake servicing, replacement for the spark plug, filter and fluid changes, tire conditions, oil changes, and more.
• Check your forklift daily: before using your machine, it is better to check it first. It is a recommended way to determine any potential issues. It will also ensure the safety of the machine. Some components that needed to be checked include brake, fluid level, seat belt, tire, hoses, and forks.
Those are several tips to maintain the function and performance of your forklift machine. If you find problems that you cannot fix by yourself, immediately call trusted mechanics to fix them for you instead of taking risk to do it yourself.